Wednesday 16 May 2012

Sugar Free meringues: The Recipe

Hey everyone! sorry its been so long, I'm just cooped up with all my exams!

The Final exams are coming up in a couple of weeks, and I needed to start studying. I literally had no spare time to post the recipe, it just slipped my mind! So sorry! But I'm here now posting it :D

3/4 cup Splenda® Granular
2 heaping teaspoons (or one level tablespoon)cinnamon
3 egg whites

That’s it! I don’t have the step-by-step pictures here, at the moment, so I'm going to post the instructions, and when I can, I'll upload the pictures from my phone.

  1. Pre-heat over to 350 degrees. Stir cinnamon in with Splenda. Mix well and set aside. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Make sure its really whipped!


  1. Add the Splenda mix to the egg whites, all at once. Next, take a rubber spatula, and slowly (very gently now), mix the Splenda until combined.


  1. Take a cookie tray and grease it (I used a little vegetable oil). No need for parchment paper, just make sure there's a fair amount of oil :) Take a spoon, and spoon the meringue batter onto the cookie tray.

Depending on the size of your cookies, you should have about 21-26. When I made my first batch (21 cookies) I baked them for 30 minutes. When I made my second batch (26 cookies) I baked them for 26-27 minutes.

Remove the cookies from the cookie sheet after a good 20 minutes of cooling. I used on of those cake cutters to remove them. Make sure you rinse the cookie sheet right away so the meringue crumbs don’t dry up and stick to the pan. When allowing your meringues to cool, do not cover them (the hot air seems to "dampen" them :P), let them "air-dry". They are super delicate, so they crumble if you apply too much pressure on them.

If anyone needs the step-by-step pictures just let me know and ill be sure to post them!!!

Sadly I will be taking a big break, coming back after my June exams are over (at the very end of the month) so this may be my last post for quite a bit of time! :(

I promise a lot of ice cream recipes for summer (When my mom gets me the ice cream machine she promised! I've been "stirring" by hand every hour, its still turning out rock-hard! Ugh.), cakes and tarts!

Good luck to any other teen studying for their exams!
I'll post soon!

Happy baking!
xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you :). I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. I am on a diet right now and for some weird reason, I have been craving meringues and molten choco-lava cakes like anything but I did not want to have something with loads of sugar. Now, thanks to you, I can atleast have a go with meringues. I am going to make these tonight, fingers crossed.

    All the best for your exams, I hope you rock :).

    Love
    Mini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And thanks! Good luck on your diet :D

      Delete
  2. Hi Lauren, I landed up here when I was searching for "sugar free meringue recipe". You have an awesome space here and I immediately subscribed :). You should blog more, of course after your exams are over. Good luck for them.

    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      And i figured the web needed at least ONE recipe that worked ;) I searched for hours and couldn't find one, so i made up my own!
      I totally will be blogging more, after exams. My last Exam is the 21st though.

      Delete
  3. Your space is awesome! Sorry but my english is very poor!
    Good luck for yours exams!
    Kisses,

    macarena

    ReplyDelete